Are you the next attorney for our law firm?
Are you looking for a growing, innovative culture where quality teamwork improves people’s lives every day? Do you thrive as a big fish in a small pond, with the owner’s ear tuned in to you? Would you enjoy the opportunity to interact with clients daily, design and execute strategies for clients, and shape firm processes, rather than push paper all day? Do you get excited about opportunities to grow personally and professionally?
If yes, then Kyle Law could be a great fit for you. We help families protect their assets and their loved ones. Our practice areas are related, yet different enough to be interesting: estate planning, estate administration, and Medical Assistance planning and application. We forge long-lasting relationships with our clients. We value employees who enjoy rewarding relationships with clients, and who know how to work hard and have fun. If you have talents or skills we are not asking for here, we’ll work to find a way for you to use them.
Kyle Law is seeking a highly motivated Associate with excellent skills to become a part of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be available for full-time work, but a part time arrangement will be considered.
The associate will be responsible for all aspects of clients’ matters including meeting with prospective clients, devising strategies, finalizing and customizing estate plan documents, drafting probate pleadings, supervising and delegating work to paralegals and assistants, preparing for and attending probate court hearings, preparing Medical Assistance planning letters and supervising Medical Assistance applications.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 5+ years attorney experience in estate planning and administration
- Elder law experience, (MA planning and application in particular) is a strong plus
- Active member of the Minnesota Bar
· Skills and experience are required and valued, but attitude, character, personality and integrity, are also important. High-maintenance, humorless or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and should not apply
· You should be a self-starter, quick learner, and have a solid ability to work both independently and with a team
- Creative problem solving, flexibility and an ability to prioritize are important.
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have solid computer and time management skills
· Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic with high standards for quality and quantity of work
· Be able to interact with our clients, colleagues and co-workers in a compassionate, personable and professional manner
- Compensation dependent on experience and qualifications, at market rates
- Bonus opportunities!
· Recognized work-life balance
· Paid Holidays
· Health Insurance
If You Are Already Loving the Sounds of This, Keep Reading: If you aren’t already imagining yourself loving this job, then stop reading now. We don’t want anyone who is not going to love working here. But, if you feel inspired, excited or intrigued about anything in this posting, keep reading. If most of these apply to you, you’ll thrive here:
- You want to be challenged, not bored, by the work you’re doing forty hours each week
- You want to be part of a team that delivers results and creates happy, grateful clients
- You want to work with people you actually like
- You want to work with other people who also enjoy what they do every day
- You want the chance to earn regular raises and performance bonuses
- You want the chance to eventually buy into or buyout the practice
- You have hopes, goals, and dreams for yourself and would be inspired by spending time with like-minded people.
- You would like to have monthly coaching meetings focused on your personal goals
- You can find passion and purpose in helping accomplish a greater mission
If you are still reading, you’re intrigued and so are we. Because we want to build a team of high-performance winners who welcome a challenge, we invite you to prove yourself.
Here’s how to apply and make a great first impression: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. with "Your next Associate Attorney is [insert your name]" in the subject line.
· 1. Cover letter
· 2. Resume, including your work history, most recent first, with all time gaps explained.
· 3. References (they will be contacted later in the process)
· 4. Desired salary range
· 5. Answer these questions in the body of your email: "What comes easily to you that doesn’t come easily to other people?” and “What distinguishes you from everyone else who will apply for this position?”
If you don’t follow these directions, we will not consider your application, because following directions and attention to detail is important for this position.
We will contact you within 10 days if you qualify for the second round of consideration.